Sunday, November 13, 2011

Remodeling Noun Town!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my class made a Noun Town for one of my observations this year.  Our town turned out great...especially once we created proper nouns for all of our common nouns. 







Since we were down with Nouns, I hated to trash our town so I hung on to it and I am so glad I did!  We moved on to verbs after nouns and we began a little remodel on our town.  First we watched this School House Rock video on Verbs...which they LOVED!




Next, we went to Noun Town and did a little remodeling.  We went through the town and talked about all of the verbs/actions we could do at each stop.  They thought this was just madness that we could do so much in our little town...it was super funny!  I have attached the verb pows we made in our town.


 



Verb POWS!
After we went through our town, I gave each child an action card (I cannot take credit for this idea...my co-worker did it for her observation).  Without talking, each child had to act out their card and find their partner in the room.  I don't think I have ever laugh so hard!  It was hilarious!
Action Cards!


After the action cards, I told the students we were going to create our very own action heroes (thanks to The Teacher Wife).  They were SUPER excited!  We made a circle map and discussed all of the actions a hero can do.  Then, we created our own heroes and let's just say they are MEGA cute!


Sorry I don't have the hero to download.  I had to free hand it from a picture I found online but check out The Teacher Wife...she has printables in her TPT store.
Here's a close up!





I know this seems like a lot to do in one lesson but it went super fast I promise.  Enjoy!








No comments: