Sunday, September 11, 2011

Number sense and number words fun...

So at the beginning of the year we all want to see what exactly our new sweet babies know.  Well,  I have found two fun ways to check for number sense as well as number words.

I am not going to lie that I totally stole this idea from Mrs. Carroll over at The First Grade Parade.

Students use the giant number cards to clip that number of clothespins onto the card.  Well to give it an extra "umph"  I added number word cards to match the numbers.  So the students will have to match the number word to the number then clip the accurate number of clothespins onto the card.

Next,  while on pinterest, I saw the cutest activity for number words.  This is the original picture I found on pinterest and below it is my version of it for you to download.  All your students have to do is recognize the number word and glue the accurate number of Fruit Loops/suckers onto the octopus legs.  I added two things of seaweed into the corners so we could have the number words one and two.  So I had a parent cut out pipecleaners for them to use for the seaweed.

Click on the picture to check out her blog.

Please feel free to share if you have any other great ideas for number words or number sense.

Enjoy the freebie!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Love this! We're working on number words this week :) Thanks for the freebie!

http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com