Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hocus...Pocus....Fairy Tale Fun!

We did our week long Fairy Tale unit the last week in October and I wanted to share a few things we did for fun.  Sorry there are no pics...I totally forgot my camera.

First, we read Rapunzel and did this great activity I found at Mrs. Tabb's First Grade Awesomeness .  The kids loved making the tower with the long hair.  We did make a little bit of change to our tower.  We wrote the things we would do in the tower and created one person we would let climb up our hair to hang out with.  They were cracking me up with who they would let climb up their hair.

Next, we read Cinderella and created her a new slipper that would definitely not fall off as she was leaving the castle.  I got this idea from Amy Lemons blog.  My kiddos came up with the same kind of ideas just like her kiddos.  Many of them created sticky shoes or fancy shoes with laces.  Every girl's dream!

Then, we read The Three Little Pigs and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and discussed the differences between the two.  We also talked about the different points of view from which the stories were written and who we thought was actually telling the truth.  I told my kids we were going to make wanted posters for the pigs or wolf, whoever they thought was lying.  They did such a great job!

Wanted Poster


The last thing we did was discuss our favorite fairy tale of the week.  We read so many that it was very hard for them to choose just one but most of them liked Hansel and Gretel.  I think it is mainly because they had never heard it before.  I created this little sheet for them to review their favorite fairy tale and they did an excellent job.


Fairy Tale Review


Hope you all can use some of this stuff!  Sorry it is late for those of you who have already done it!





No comments: